This year, our General Assembly passed a bad voter ID bill that makes it harder for students, people of color and our seniors to vote. Right now, the bill sits on Governor McDonnell’s desk.
USW Local 8888 is hosting a Town Hall discussion tomorrow tonight at their hall featuring a panel with:
- Mamie Locke, Virginia State Senator
- Mike Scarver, USW International PAC Coordinator
- Vicki Middleton, Executive Director, ACLU South Carolina
- Doris Crouse-Mays, Virginia AFL-CIO
- Dara Lindenbaum, Associate Counsel, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
This Town Hall is one of many hosted by the Steelworkers across the country.
Download the event flyer and please join us tomorrow night to learn what steps must be taken to protect the rights of voters.